Did you know a sump pump should be replaced every 7-10 years, even if you have professionally installed a quality product? Yes, the average life span of a sump pump is up to 10 years. To avoid issues and extend the lifeline of your sump pump, it is essential to get the sump pump checked often to make sure your sump pump is in good working condition. Here are some simple signs that indicate the need for sump pump repair in Toronto .
Signs that Indicate You Need Sump Pump Repair
You don’t need to spend much time or money on sump pump replacement for ten years if you provide adequate maintenance and resolve issues by fixing them as soon as possible. To help you with this, we have listed a few signs that indicate your sump pump needs to be repaired.
- If your sump pump is not working at all, hiring a professional for sump pump repair in Toronto is a must.
- If the sump is dirty, debris may have infiltrated the impeller in the basin. In such cases, you will need to hire professionals for sump pump maintenance in Toronto.
- There is an internal problem, such as a corroded brush or seal.
- The external floats that trigger the pump are malfunctioning.
- Switches or valves on continuously running in ‘on’ position.
- Power loss can lead to a major issue.
- If the water is expelled from the pump via a discharge line and gets frozen or clogged up.
- The sump pump wasn’t properly installed or isn’t linked to the drainage system.
Most Common Things to Check and Fix
- Check the Electricity: Check the electrical connections in case the sump pump does work.
- Clean the Impeller: Disassemble the pump to remove the debris and reassemble it again.
- Test the Check Valve: Check the valve by pouring water into the sump pit. In case water gets into the pit, you need to check valve replacement.
- Clean the Sump Pit: Cleaning out the pit should be a regular part of sump pump repair and maintenance. Following it will reduce float problems.
- Check the Float: Check the float by pouring water slowly into the pit.
Sump pump maintenance Toronto is important to:
- Prevent huge repair and replacement costs
- Extend the life of your sump pump equipment
- Avoid dealing with the results of harmful flooding damage
It is must to hire professionals for both sump pump installation in Toronto and sump pump maintenance in Toronto. Make sure to choose one of our plumbing and drain services experts who will be available 24/7.